Fri, 29 July 2016
Nathan and I are prepping for the International Marine Conservation Congress being held in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. We are super excited for this opportunity and were are looking forward to sharing all the wonderful things that we will learn at the conference. We will also introduce you to some people involved at the conference as well.
Today, we are talking about the following BIG stories this:
1) Whales win big against Navy!;
2) New species of beaked whale discovered in Japan/Alaska;
3) The Vaquita will vanish if China's demand for Totoaba swim bladders continue
4) Seagrass, an important habitat for coral fishes and critters, are dying off in Indonesia due to harmful human activities;
5) Cosco Shipping, China's largest shipping company pledges to stop transporting shark fins from Hong Kong.
Join the Arbonne Blue Team
SUFB Podcast: http://www.speakupforblue.com/podcast
SUFB Website: http://www.speakupforblue.com
10 Ocean Tips to Conserve the Ocean: http://www.speakupforblue.com/wordpress/sufb_optinpdf
Fri, 13 May 2016
Did I ever tell you that this is my favourite day of the week? We have another episode of Ocean Talk Friday with myself, Andrew Lewin, and Nathan Johnson. We choose 4-5 articles that we feel made a big impact this past week and talk about them, their science and their conservation implications.
Today we discussed the following:
1) The resurgence of the Ross Sea MPA proposal;
2) Mussels smell before they settle;
3) Mussels battling Ocean Acidification with Food;
4) Researchers find out more about the Sea Star Wasting Disease; and,
5) 5 Pacific Islands disappear into the Ocean due to Climate Change.
Speak Up For Blue TV:
Support the Podcast:
Shop for the Ocean:
10 Ocean Tips to Conserve the Ocean: