Mon, 25 December 2017
I wanted to post a shorter episode today (Merry Christmas everyone!!!) to highlight my wishes for the Marine Science and Conservation Field:
1) I would like to see people read more science papers or know more about them;
2) I would like to see people in the field be nicer to each other (eliminate sexual harassment and bias and colleagues standing up for each other);
3) I would like to see citizens, in any country, support politicians who demonstrate in ability to understand the importance of science and listen to science experts no matter the outcome;
4) I would like to see more people get involved in science communication and support those who are actively engaging in science communication; and,
5) I would like to see the Speak Up For Blue Community as well as other people supporting smaller organizations who are results-oriented.
Enjoy the Podcast and Merry Christmas!!!
This episode is brought to you courtesy of our Patreon Contributors that help pay for equipment, software and my time that I dedicate to creating content for this podcast. I offer a number of incentives to the Patrons including a once a month Q&A on Marine Science and Conservation Careers, Merchandise, and more! It's to thank those of you who are supporting my own efforts of Science Communication. I will also be bringing some shorter interviews with some colleagues that will only be available to Patrons. Contribute to our Patreon Campaign
Don't forget to join our Speak Up For Blue Facebook Group to join like-minded individuals who are all about living for a better Ocean. Join our Facebook Group for the Podcast.
Direct download: SUFB_S412_ChristmasWishListForMarineScienceAndConservation.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:00am EST